2017 is the year which Samsung looks to make a comeback after failing to deliver on the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is expected to be one of the biggest mobile phone launches in recent years and Apple is not planning to stay behind at all. For now, the iPhone 8 expected release date and announcement is still a mystery, but I am sure we can take a pretty good guess at when that might be.
The rumour mill about the next iPhone is going strong. With each new day, there is a new rumour about features and what Apple plans on doing with the iPhone 8. Until an official announcement regarding the iPhone 8 release date and announcement is made, things are uncertain and will remain that way.
Some reports are indicating that Apple is going to be overhauling the iPhone 8 big time. Other sources are claiming that this may be the worst time to buy the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Despite such claims, the iPhone 7 is still a wonderful device and a decent upgrade from previous iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models. The word decent here does not include the removal of the headphone jack. No matter how bold of a move Apple claims it to be, it was too early.
Check this out: iPhone 8 Features Wish List for Apple’s 2017 Flagship Smartphone
Announcement Dates and Releases of Previous iPhones
Let’s try and make an intelligent assumption here. From looking at previous announcement dates of Apple iPhones, it might be a little easier to guess when the new iPhone 8 may be hitting our screens.
- Apple iPhone (1st Generation) announced January 9th, 2007/Released June 29th, 2007.
- Apple iPhone 3G announced June 9th, 2008/Released July 11th, 2008.
- Apple iPhone 3GS is announced June 8th, 2009/Released June 19th, 2009.
- Apple iPhone 4 announcement date is June 7th, 2010/Released June 24th, 2010.
- Apple iPhone 4S officially announced on October 4th, 2011/Released October 14, 2011
After the Apple iPhone 4S, announcement dates and releases of later iPhones till the iPhone 7 have all been in the month of September.
- Apple iPhone 5 announced September 12th, 2012/Released September 21st, 2012.
- Apple iPhone 5S announced September 10th, 2013/Released September 20th, 2013.
- Apple iPhone 6 announced September 9th, 2014/Released September 19th, 2014.
- Apple iPhone 6S announced September 9th, 2015/Released September 25th, 2015.
- Apple iPhone 7 announced September 7th, 2016/Released September 16th, 2016
The last five generations of the Apple iPhone have all been announced and released in the month of September. This gives us a good idea on what the iPhone 8 expected release date and announcement may be.
Looking at the above timeline, there is a whole lot of nostalgia. How far has the iPhone come and how much people have loved these smartphones since all the way back in 2007. The Apple iPhone is without a doubt the leading device out in the market and hopefully, the iPhone 8 will not be a disappointment.
Check this out: Samsung Galaxy S8: Looking Towards Apple iPhone for Answers
Apple iPhone 8 Expected Release Date and Announcement
Another aspect worth noting is that there have been 10 models of the iPhone out now. The dates of announcement and release were different for the first five and consistent for the previous five. Apple may end up changing from September to an earlier or most likely later month for the iPhone 8.
Check this out: Apple iPhone 8: What to Expect in 2017
All photos courtesy in this post go to iPhone Digital
At TechBizWeb, we are expecting the iPhone 8 expected release date and announcement to be either in September or October of 2017.