The Security Industry Association (SIA) has named seven recipients for the 2022 SIA Women in Security Forum (WISF) Scholarship, which aims to help women in security achieve further educational opportunities and promote advancement for the widest spectrum of people possible in the security industry.
In the 2022 scholarship program — open to employees of SIA member companies and SIA student members — each honoree will be awarded $10,000 to use toward continuing education and professional development courses, conferences or webinars, SIA program offerings, repayment of student loan debt and/or other education or academic pursuits.
The winners for the 2022 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship are:
- Kikelomo Adegoke-Ode: Network Systems Engineer at Metro-INET Division, City of Roseville, Minnesota
- Lily Chen: Student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Tia Eskandari: Director of Service at Allied Universal Technology Services
- Sophie Faaborg-Andersen: Graduate Student at John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Sydney Freeman: Senior Communications Specialist at ADT
- Kathryn Maly: Supply Chain Process Engineer at BCD
- Taylor Scala: Student at Lynn University; Intern at Axis Communications
“SIA is thrilled to present seven Women in Security Forum scholarships this year and congratulates the 2022 honorees for their accomplishments, vision and commitment to furthering diversity within the security industry,” said SIA CEO Don Erickson. “We are proud to foster a more diverse, equitable and inclusive security industry through efforts like this unique scholarship program and look forward to supporting the honorees’ future successes and empowering them to thrive in their careers.”
To learn more about the SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship and 2022 awardees, click here.