Managing a team of professionals that you don’t see on a daily basis can have a number of challenges. One of the biggest challenges you face is making sure that your employees continue to meet the deadlines put in place. This is where field service software can help. This software can automate the processes of routing, dispatching, scheduling, servicing and invoicing, and it can provide a central dashboard for all customer-related information and data.
But, how do you choose the best field service software for your business? If you want to find suitable software for your business and you’re not sure where to begin, then here are some pieces of advice to get you started.
Do You Need Field Service Software?
Before you start looking for the best field service software for your business, you first need to work out whether you need it. Here are some of the things you should ask yourself when looking into this amazing software:
- How long your business has been operating – businesses who use this software in the early stages of their business are likely to be more successful. It can also help to improve efficiency in established companies.
- Your future plans – whether you’re a large company or you’re wanting to expand in the future, this software is a great idea for you. This software isn’t as useful for people who work on their own.
- Whether you need real-time access – in today’s competitive marketplace, having real-time access to data and information is more important than ever. Field service software gives you access to financial information, client data and a range of other information you may need while you’re away from the office.
- You want to streamline your processes – this software helps you to coordinate your systems, resources, and personnel.
- The industry you work in – any business who hires remote employees should consider this software. No matter whether you’re an electrician, plumber or you work in the petrochemical industry, field service software can be useful to you. It not only gives you access to real-time information and reports, but it can also allow you to track issues and manage employees.
Know What You’re Looking For
With so many different options available, it’s often hard to decide what we want. So, to help you out, we’ve come up with a list of some of the most popular features you should consider:
- Asset management – this should allow you to see your assets across multiple sites
- Accounting integration – field service software that has this feature will allow you to see your invoices, journals and other details of your accounting program. This helps you to keep track of your business finances.
- Scheduled maintenance – this should help you to manage your maintenance obligations
- Customer module – this should allow you to see basic customer data as well as things like default discounts or special labor rates
- Analytical reporting – this is crucial for businesses who want to stay ahead of current trends etc.
- Calendar – this should allow you to see where your employees are working on a daily basis and plan for the future
There are a number of other features that you might want to consider, including the security features. Make sure that the system you choose is the right one for your organization.
Know Your Budget
The amount of money you spend on field service software can vary greatly between providers. It’s important to remember that this price often depends on the features included in the software. If you’re on a budget and want to reduce the cost of this service then you should:
- Ask if you can pay on a monthly basis
- Trial a free version to see what features you require
- Ask for your software to be personalized so you’re only paying for the features you need
Factors that might affect the price include:
- The number of users
- The size of the company
- Business trends
- System customization
- Data storage needs
- Set-up fees
- Whether you require technical support
In most circumstances, smaller businesses will be charged less than larger companies, but this will often depend on the features and tools you require. There are a number of benefits to purchasing field service software for your business including increased employee satisfaction, efficient job scheduling, improved customer relationship management and real-time access to business and cost reports. But, before you download the first software you find, make sure it meets your business needs.