One of China’s leading mobile phone companies, Xiaomi, has officially entered Pakistan through Smart Link Technologies partnering with Daraz.pk and Zong (China Mobile). The distribution will start with three renowned devices of the Chinese giant, namely the Mi Max, Redmi 4A and Redmi Note 4.
The move comes shortly after Lenovo pushed Motorola into the Pakistani market, officially for the first time as well. Most of these devices were being sold through independent retailers who would import on their own basis, but this will be Xiaomi’s first official entry.
Let’s go ahead and move on to the information you are all wondering about. The specifications of the Mi Max, Redmi 4A and Redmi Note 4 and how much each of these devices will cost.
It is important to note that the Mi Max and Mi Band 2 are available at the moment, while the Redmi 4A and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be ready to ship on February 25 and March 5, respectively.
Xiaomi Mi Max
The Xiaomi Mi Max is one of the flagship devices for the leading Chinese mobile phone company. It boasts some great specifications for a price that is truly affordable. Take a look for yourself:
- 32 GB internal storage memory with 3 GB RAM. External storage up to 128 GB.
- A Hexa-core (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72) processor
- The screen is 6.44 inches, which is slightly odd but great for lovers of bigger screens and not really into tablets
- A 4850 mAh battery (non-removable) which Xiaomi claims will have 7 to 10 hours of video playback time.
- Dual SIM (Nano and Micro SIM)
- 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash primary camera and 5 MP secondary camera
The set price for the Xiaomi Mi Max in Pakistan is PKR 24,000 coming with a 1-year brand warranty through Smart Link Technologies. Currently, the only color being offered by Daraz.pk is gold.
Unfortunately, there is no news on whether MI Max Prime will be offered anytime soon or not. The prime model comes with a Snapdragon 652, 4GB RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A
The Redmi 4A is another popular device of Xiaomi around the globe and is less techy than the previous discussed, Mi Max. Here are the specs and the price we expect it to be launched at:
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD screen
- Dual SIM
- 16 GB internal storage with 2 GB RAM
- 3120 mAh battery. We are not really sure about this, but on the Xiaomi website, it claims that the device can last up to “7 days of performance with moderate usage” due to “a low-power technology.”
- 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP secondary one for selfies
- Comes in two colors, gold and rose gold
Expected price is PKR 18,000 – 20,000
Redmi Note 4
Now this is the device which we are all really excited about. Not only are the specifications great, but the price is terrific and will give a really tough time to market leaders like Samsung, Apple and Huawei.
Check out these details and decide for yourself:
- 64 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM
- Rear Fingerprint Sensor
- IR Blaster
- 4100 mAh high-density battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with FinFET technology
- Premium metal body with a 5.5-inch full HD display and 2.5D curved display
- Dual SIM
- 128 GB external storage option
- Released January 2017
- Three color options of gold, silver and black
Expected price is 20,000 – 25,000 for the 64 GB variant, which is the one most likely to be launched.
Now, Xiaomi is one of those companies which have gotten tons of hype from time-to-time, but really failed at delivering solid products on a consistent basis. People in other markets are still hesitant at giving the brand a try due to the failures of other Chinese brands, but we have a feeling that things could go better for Xiaomi in Pakistan than they did for Infinix and other newcomers struggling to make their space.
If you are willing to give an out-of-the-box mobile phone a try, Xiaomi just may be the one you should go for. We can say this, it is a sure bet compared to many others, especially the Lenovo backed ZUK.